How dear your property is to you?
Well, this is no question, really.
We all love and value our homes and establishments dearly, and never do we want anything to happen that can ruin its integrity and or degrade its charm. Howbeit, things sometimes aren’t in our hands- any building can become infested by termites anytime, and if not paid heed to on time termites may make the property significantly weaker, hollow, and unlivable.
Termites, which are infamous for being the Silent Destroyers are wood destroying insects eat up timber and can consume almost any cellulosic material. The tag of “Silent Destroyer” is due to their nature of devouring wood without making noises- the termites make very faint sound that are rarely heard until wood is tapped and it makes a hollow-sounding tone. Alternatively, one has to use a stethoscope to hear termites at work. Due to these reasons, many a time the termite activity remains undetected for a prolonged stretch, and as time passes, damage maximizes.
The presence of termites can be tough to spot at first; they thrive in homes and neighborhood and build up their colonies that begin to mature folds with the passage of time. Termite damage isn’t obvious in the initial stage, but there are certain signs that suggest the existence of these scary insects within or nearby your premise. Here are the primary signs that convey termite infestation and an urgent need to avail termite inspection Charleston SC and pest control services-
- If you try to observe keenly you may hear a dry rattling or a paper rustling sound
- Due to termite damage doors and window frames look dull and saggy
- Papery or hollow sounding timber is the biggest sign of termites. Termites eat wood in a way that they leave a thin veneer of timber or paint, which gets blistered when touched
- You will happen to see piles of small wings. These are a sign that termites have ‘swarmed’ in or somewhere near your building.
- Frass is yet another telltale sign of termite activity. Frass is nothing but termite droppings or poop that signifies that termites are eating and nesting in your home. If you notice these, there is an urgent need to connect with a termite control Charleston SC
- Mud tubes along walls are also the sign of termites. These tubes are used by termites to travel to and fro from your home to their colony.
So, in case these signs are pretty much visible, then already your home is attacked by silent destroyers and you must connect with a Charleston pest control company and get quality services. Qualified termite exterminators know how to inspect pests that along with damaging your homes also cause nuisance and disruption in daily activities. They use effective techniques to potentially eliminate them from your home and offer you great peace of mind. Termite treatment Charleston SC is important if you want to save your structures from costly damage and repairs in near future- contact us today to get credible termite inspection and protection services.